Monday, August 16, 2010

Blue Door

Blue Door - 10 in. by 11.5 in. - Oil on linen. $400 Framed.
© 2010 Linda Warner Constantino.

The opening to my show was a lot of fun and I saw a friends old and new and all the food got eaten. You never know how much you need when your show is open to the general public. I tried to go with an Italian theme with the food. I was rolling proscuitto around the asparagus right up to the last minute!

This painting above is in the exhibit. I loved the way the light was hitting the door with the grapevines and their cast shadows. This door leads to a covered outdoor eating area where dinner is served most nights during the summer. There is always lots of talk about the day and whatever people are interested in. You can have a bad day painting but it is hard to hang on to a sour mood once dinner begins at Spannocchia.

I am heading down to the local television station WHHI this afternoon to talk about my Chasing the Light exhibit. I think it will air on The Low Country Report on at 8 am, 6 pm and 8 pm each evening this week.

4 comments:

Ruth Andre said...

Your paintings are so calming and so lovely!

Linda Warner Constantino said...

Ruth,
thanks for taking the time to look. Where I was in Italy is a very calming place. I am glad to hear it resonates in my work.

Linda

fairy fantasy art said...

Its Magical....

Linda Warner Constantino said...

Thank you! This is the doorway that leads into the dining area inside and outside to a veranda where we dine in the warmer months. The meals are wonderful and you always meet new people and have great conversations. I painted this during a quiet afternoon because I loved the color of the door and the light filtering down between the grapevines.